Recipe from dish magazine. A whole chicken is stuffed with ginger, lemon and spring onions and poached very slowly over heat for 30 minutes and in the warm water for another 30. The skin is rubbed with a splash of sesame oil and then the chicken is carved ans sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Served with spring onion and coriander, with slices of cucumber.
The Jasmine rice was cooked in the poaching broth with extra ginger and garlic and was delicious.
dish recommended heating some of the poaching broth to serve as soup but to be honest it wasn’t flavourful enough for me as a stand alone soup.
Previous dinner posts from gomichild
- Crispy Skinned Salmon - B12 Booster! - March 28th, 2013
- Rather Flat Green Egg Pie - March 26th, 2013
- Chickpea & Baked Butternut Pumpkin Curry - March 25th, 2013
- Simple Salad - March 23rd, 2013
- 3 Courses - March 21st, 2013