Took 4 days to make (bit time poor at the moment) – but I finally made my (belated) Birthday cake.
Recipe from Gourmet Traveller.
The crumb layer is freshly made sable pastry, which is then smashed into crumbs and then combined with butter to form the base.
The white layer is ricotta cheese and white chocolate.
The next dark chocolate and ricotta cheese.
The top layer is a chocolate mousse.
The recipe had praline decoration but EM can’t have that so I made a broken choccie one.
Oh yeah there was some pasta with salmon in a creamy pasta sauce beforehand but who cares about that?
Previous dinner posts from gomichild
- Crispy Skinned Salmon - B12 Booster! - March 28th, 2013
- Rather Flat Green Egg Pie - March 26th, 2013
- Chickpea & Baked Butternut Pumpkin Curry - March 25th, 2013
- Simple Salad - March 23rd, 2013
- 3 Courses - March 21st, 2013