Crespelli / Canelloni – Savoury crepes filled with beef, carrots, onion, celery, oats (for lightness), herbs and a bit of parm. Baked with a simple tomato sauce with a little more parm on top. Another sprinkle of parm, some chives and Italian parsley when on the plate. Fresh greens from the garden on the side with impatiens and nasturtium flowers.
Hadn’t had crepe-based canelloni for a while and I’d forgotten how much lighter and tastier they are than regular pasta. Gonna try making some fresh ricotta next for spinach and ricotta crespelli.
Previous dinner posts from islander
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Medallions - September 24th, 2012
- Odd Combinations - November 29th, 2011
- Gravy On Everything Please - November 27th, 2011
- Another Fishy Caper Caper - November 23rd, 2011
- Chook Piccata Redux - November 20th, 2011