Small sirloin steaks seared in olive oil and butter then finished rare in a hot oven with some thyme and rosemary on top.
New spuds with butter, chives, green onions and Italian parsley. Steamed green beans and carrots, romaine salad. A dollop of homemade (well, just ketchup, soy sauce, horseradish, garlic and pepper flakes) BBQ sauce on the side and nasturtium flowers just for for Gomi.
For pud, as Peter would say, lemon-lime yogurt cake topped with berry sauce (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries) and a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. The cake stole the show and it’s almost as easy to make as toast.
Previous dinner posts from islander
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Medallions - September 24th, 2012
- Odd Combinations - November 29th, 2011
- Gravy On Everything Please - November 27th, 2011
- Another Fishy Caper Caper - November 23rd, 2011
- Chook Piccata Redux - November 20th, 2011