Chatting over coffee this morning, Gomichild teased me with a Flickr photo: omg i think i need to make this http://www.flickr.com/photos/charmandpoise/5806376278/ and then I knew I had to try it, too. We decided to both make it and compare. Here’s mine:
It is comprised entirely of processed ingredients: strawberry gelatin mix, tinned pineapple and tinned mandarin oranges. To crown its glory, Tod ran out at the last minute for faux whipped cream. I’m embarrassed to say it was rather tasty in a 1950s retro way. We ate more than half of it.
The rest of our dinner was a healthy salad of beetroot, farro, goat cheese, and greens.
Previous dinner posts from mediatinker
- Still Life with Leftovers - October 18th, 2010
- Twice Baked Potatoes - October 17th, 2010
- Diner à la Française - June 30th, 2010
- Ottolenghi Heaven - June 6th, 2010
- Veggies for Two - May 16th, 2010