I found plantains at Rusty’s Markets on Sunday – and I’ve never eaten them before – let alone cook them! Some quick googling and I came up with this tasty sounding combo.
In the Red-red I didn’t use palm oil as is traditionally used as it’s not especially good for you, I subbed in olive oil instead. I also added some tomato paste and a splash of red wine.
The plantains I tossed in crushed ginger root, cinnamon and nutmeg and then shallow fried. Unripe plantains are bitches to peel! I should have checked YouTube before I attempted it I think! The result was surprising – almost potato like with just a hint of bananery-sweetness. Matched so well with the spicy stew.
Dessert was yuzu panna cotta with fresh passionfruit pulp. A fresh combination!!
Previous dinner posts from gomichild
- Crispy Skinned Salmon - B12 Booster! - March 28th, 2013
- Rather Flat Green Egg Pie - March 26th, 2013
- Chickpea & Baked Butternut Pumpkin Curry - March 25th, 2013
- Simple Salad - March 23rd, 2013
- 3 Courses - March 21st, 2013