Mategai are razor clams – these kind are not so common to find in Kanagawa actually. I’d never cooked them before but the fish market lady recommended sauteeing in olive oil with togarashi (chili). I did after washing them for some time to remove all the sand. I think they might work better in a broth or nabe though.
On the side a fresh wakame and wasabi green salad. The renkon was boiled in vinegar and water until slightly soft but still crunchy. Dressed with a soy sauce and vinegar dressing.
Previous dinner posts from gomichild
- Crispy Skinned Salmon - B12 Booster! - March 28th, 2013
- Rather Flat Green Egg Pie - March 26th, 2013
- Chickpea & Baked Butternut Pumpkin Curry - March 25th, 2013
- Simple Salad - March 23rd, 2013
- 3 Courses - March 21st, 2013