Dinner started with a first course of bleu cheese, crackers, and Cloudy Bay pinot noir on the veranda while the potatoes baked once. we looked up all the words beginning with “max” in the Shorter OED while we waited.
Then Tod whipped out the camera and captured a blurry action shot as I stuffed the potatoes with a sour cream and garden chive mixture. (Hooray for freshly harvested chives!) We baked the potatoes the second time while sauteing Moroccan beans with garlic and fixing a salad of some incredible tomatoes, lettuce and endive.
It was a simple repast, but satisfying. And there are leftover potatoes for tomorrow. Yay!
Previous dinner posts from mediatinker
- In the Can! - June 7th, 2011
- Still Life with Leftovers - October 18th, 2010
- Diner à la Française - June 30th, 2010
- Ottolenghi Heaven - June 6th, 2010
- Veggies for Two - May 16th, 2010