Well, here I am in a rather sunny California (rain had been prediced!) and already I am up and at the kitchen of where I am staying in Castro Valley, a small suburban town to the east of San Francisco.
I am staying with a cousin who works all day, and thus it is my job to feed the family and have food on the table for when she gets back from work. Works for me !
Tonight we had a simple tomato and salmon pasta sauce, with prawn, cilantro (parsely as it is known in the UK…!) and Bayzil (sic) served with fettucine. Twas rather good, it a little too much.
Cousin did make a wonderful salad with a excellent dressing of Balsamic Vinaigre and mustard, and as there was a bottle of Campari in the fridge, we spent the evening being louche and sophistocoited, drinking Campari Sodas by the bucket full!
Tomorrow is another pasta feat….see you then!
Previous dinner posts from Peter
- Another culinary highlight ... but of a different kind. - May 17th, 2013
- A saturday evening in .... - April 20th, 2013
- Fish pie followed by Peter's Tiramisu ! - March 19th, 2013
- Borough Market, London - March 2nd, 2013
- “There were Angels dining at the Ritz .... and the motor was parked in Berkeley Square” - January 26th, 2013