For the kids dessert:
If I see ONE MORE POPSICLE I am going to scream. I am definitely a creature that thrives on change. I can’t consume the same thing every night. I kids, however, will eat chicken nuggets and apples with a popsicle for dessert every night for the rest of their childhood.
Tonight that changes. I refuse! I gave them grilled chicken with chickpeas on the side (I know, not the best combo, but I had leftover from our meal) and some green beans.
And for dessert, Cinnamon French Toast with a Cherry and Blueberry Compote. I mixed the Cherry and Blueberry jam that I scored from the Farmers Market a couple of weeks ago. Made locally by The Dutch Kettle. My oldest daughter, 4 years, told me “this french toast with compo is the most delicious dessert I’ve ever had”
My “do-overs” I would use better bread. Possibly a Ciabatta.
Previous dinner posts from chefwife.com
- Chefwife Pizza Kitchen - August 30th, 2010
- Steak with tomato-caper relish - August 24th, 2010
- Quinoa and Spinach Salad with Chicken - August 16th, 2010
- Its like a Jewish Christmas wreath! and delicious too - August 14th, 2010
- Shepherd's Pie - August 13th, 2010