Tonight we had Moo Saka which is Greek for Lasagne and is made with small French hotels…Aubergines !
It was made entirely by Caroline and took her three hours but the end result was worth the wait, especially as it enabled Oscar and I to watch the Holland thrash the Youraguyans at the footie, partake in some playful banter about someone called van Persie, and have a bowl full of salt and vinaigre chips.
It had Aubergines and tomatoes in it, a white sauce, some lamb mince, assorted herbs, some cinnamon and other stuff.
But you know, I just don’t see the point of it…tomorrow the small hotels will have become revoltingly soggy and a tad acrid, but as I wont be here to eat it I don’t really care.
Give me Lasagne any time…and a show of hands at the table reinforced that view, but then what did the Greeks ever produce that wasn’t bettered by the Italians….? Demis Roussos versus Jo Verdi….Greek Chariot v Ferrari……Stravros the tailor v Armani….I wrest (sic) my case !
Sorry Caroline…lova ya !
Previous dinner posts from Peter
- Isle of Wight College - Catering students 'Classic Evening' dinner. - February 7th, 2014
- Halliford Mere Lakes, Shepperton, Surrey - August 13th, 2013
- The greatest burger ever known.....! Dogzbolloxburgers - June 29th, 2013
- Another culinary highlight ... but of a different kind. - May 17th, 2013
- A saturday evening in .... - April 20th, 2013