The other day we had some great Steak Diane that inspired me, and also I had stocked up on “Asian” condiment-wise- so this was an experiment- as they would say “was there a recipe?”-but the kitchen spirits were present and so it turned out really delicious.
A whole lot and a bushel of fine chopped mushrooms and garlic were slow seared with sesame oil, basil, dill, pepper, mustard powder, salt, pepper. I had a pot of sweet and sour chicken soup going, so I was adding liquid to the pan as needed not to burn. Next the cubed steak was added to that on exploding high for a few a minute turning it fast. The bowl was assembled with some shrimpy Thai noodles quickly cooked in the soup, steamed broccoli, topped with the mushroom, steak and some broth.
Previous dinner posts from Abbymohabi
- Snack style - March 4th, 2012
- Potent Efficiency - March 3rd, 2012
- Patient little orangy-pink with green - February 20th, 2012
- One craving down... - January 18th, 2012
- A Quickie - November 28th, 2011