Saba (mackerel) grilled with soy sauce, and served with rice and black sesame seeds. Wasabi mayo potato salad, roasted mini nasu and onions in miso butter and accidental tamagoyaki* on the side.
*Accidental because I managed to crack 5 eggs putting them away right before dinner.
Oriental melon. Has the texture of pear, slightly sweet.
Apparently well known traditional melon – the woman next to me at the Farmer’s Market was all “natzukashii” (nostalgic) about them.
Previous dinner posts from gomichild
- Crispy Skinned Salmon - B12 Booster! - March 28th, 2013
- Rather Flat Green Egg Pie - March 26th, 2013
- Chickpea & Baked Butternut Pumpkin Curry - March 25th, 2013
- Simple Salad - March 23rd, 2013
- 3 Courses - March 21st, 2013