I was going to try and spin some hilarious yarn about how Caroline and I had visited Monaco for the motor race, but frankly…A. cant be arsed…feel too awful and B. I don’t think you would have believed me for a second….so I shall desist!
The cold and cough continue so I was delighted that Caroline decided to produce one of the best Sunday evening dinners I can remember in ages. I always said she was the proper cook…I just make a louder noise than she does…and tonight was the proof.
Roast spring lamb from Wales, perfect mashed potatoes, another master-class in Cauliflower cheese-making, spring greens and carrots. Every part was cooked to perfection and tasted wonderful. I don’t know how she does it…..I certainly can’t ! And no smoked tomatoes in sight !
Pudding was a Marks and Spencer apple tart with Lidl vanilla ice-cream - for a bloody freezing cold MAY (for Gods sake!) evening….it was perfect.
We had our favourite teenage adjunct – Tom – for dinner. We wish he would just get on and invite Poppy ‘out’ – they are made for each other. Ahhh…teenage angst….don’t you just love it!
Wine was a cold bottle of Soave!
Previous dinner posts from Peter
- Isle of Wight College - Catering students 'Classic Evening' dinner. - February 7th, 2014
- Halliford Mere Lakes, Shepperton, Surrey - August 13th, 2013
- The greatest burger ever known.....! Dogzbolloxburgers - June 29th, 2013
- Another culinary highlight ... but of a different kind. - May 17th, 2013
- A saturday evening in .... - April 20th, 2013