I didn’t cook it, whew. I let one of our favorite local restaurants do the work. They served us a great vegetarian meal starting with an appetizer platter of grilled pumpkin, potato salad, lentils, tomato salad, marinated mushrooms and caponata. Next we had bagna cauda with the classic anchovy garlic dip – Ace called it crack sauce – and we ended up dipping the next two courses in it – delicious pizzas! The penultimate course was a putenesca pasta with lots and lots of capers, olives and yummy bits. And finally, we had a gorgeous birthday cake with whipped cream, fruit and sparklers.
Previous dinner posts from mediatinker
- In the Can! - June 7th, 2011
- Still Life with Leftovers - October 18th, 2010
- Twice Baked Potatoes - October 17th, 2010
- Diner à la Française - June 30th, 2010
- Ottolenghi Heaven - June 6th, 2010