Even more farmers market goodness: a combination of a nicola potato, several small beets, a couple parsnips and carrots, all diced up and tossed in oil and salt and pepper and roasted in the oven. Halfway through, I tossed them again and added fresh dill. When they were done I added more dill, olive oil and chopped up garlic shoots, which I am really enjoying. I think I’m going to have to set aside a healthy chunk of space for them in the garden this year. The chicken was marinated in the mesquite/lime marinade I picked up last week, and the salad was another mix of exotic greens topped with basil ranch dressing. Did I mention the weather topped out at almost 80° here today?
Previous dinner posts from eselqueso
- Perennial Joy - March 8th, 2013
- A Global Affront - June 5th, 2011
- something old, something new - December 17th, 2010
- Moving things Along - November 15th, 2010
- I'm Not Dead - October 10th, 2010