Having been inspired by our meal the other night I decided I would try and replicate the dish myself and invite a friend for dinner.
I boiled some chicken pieces in a thick stock, let them cool and then shredded them by hand. I sieved the stock of pieces and poured it into the chicken.
Then I fried mushrooms with garlic and added them – al dente – to the chicken, and added some frozen peas, dried oregano, capers, 1 1/2 lemons worth of juice, and finally some creme fraiche (half fat!)
Boiled some rice – white and simple – and fried some zuchini in olive oil until they were well done and nice and crispy.
The fricassee LOOKED a little ‘artisinale’ and ragged …but tasted delicious, the addition of the capers and the lemon cutting across any heaviness.
I have to say that for once the restaurant’s was marginally better than mine. I think the difference is that maybe I should have shredded the chicken with a little more care to make it LOOK nicer, but the taste of theirs was a little better too. Why? I think, the addition of fresh coriander to the end produce, which I did not have.
Previous dinner posts from Peter
- Halliford Mere Lakes, Shepperton, Surrey - August 13th, 2013
- The greatest burger ever known.....! Dogzbolloxburgers - June 29th, 2013
- Another culinary highlight ... but of a different kind. - May 17th, 2013
- A saturday evening in .... - April 20th, 2013
- Fish pie followed by Peter's Tiramisu ! - March 19th, 2013