I am doing little cooking at the moment as I adjust to my new sight limitations (I don’t want to poison anyone putting in the wrong stuff) and so when we went to visit Caroline’s parents this evening she russled up a wonderfujl spanish omelette.
I have always said Caroline is a better cook that I, and this rather proved it. It was brilliant.
Cooked with spring onions (scallion in the US I think), a red onion, some tomatoes and a red pepper, which she fried first and then added the egg mix, to which she added a tiny amount of white wine and some mixed Herbes de Provence.
The consistency was just right, not too runny, and the addition of small chunks of a Somerset (that’s a UK county) Brie added a very special dimension. It was briefly flashed under the grill to brown the top.
We had a green leaf salad with a light vinaigrette. I allowed myself a glass of red wine which made me feel a little better.
I didnt have my camera, but this is what it looked like!
Previous dinner posts from Peter
- Isle of Wight College - Catering students 'Classic Evening' dinner. - February 7th, 2014
- Halliford Mere Lakes, Shepperton, Surrey - August 13th, 2013
- The greatest burger ever known.....! Dogzbolloxburgers - June 29th, 2013
- Another culinary highlight ... but of a different kind. - May 17th, 2013
- A saturday evening in .... - April 20th, 2013