This was the top layer of the 3 tiered box – in the centre kuromame (black beans – they are a bit sweet), top-left: tataki gobo, top-right: kurikinton (sweet potato mash with whole chestnuts), bottom-left tazukuri (candied dried sardines), bottom-right: namasu (pickled carrot, daikon and yuzu salad).
Separating the corner dishes are twisted lengths of boiled konnyaku and the garnishes are carrots and snow peas simmered in soy sauce and sake.
Previous dinner posts from gomichild
- Crispy Skinned Salmon - B12 Booster! - March 28th, 2013
- Rather Flat Green Egg Pie - March 26th, 2013
- Chickpea & Baked Butternut Pumpkin Curry - March 25th, 2013
- Simple Salad - March 23rd, 2013
- 3 Courses - March 21st, 2013