Not everyone appreciates brussels sprouts, beets, or parsnips, much less all at once, but I love ’em. The parsnips were done up proper British style, from a recipe in the book Mothy sent me, Great British Cooking, braised in a light mustard sauce. The beets were boiled yesterday, plain and cold, just how I like them. The sprouts steamed until still crisp, then tossed with butter. And, as a reward for being so magnanimous, duck sausages, since everyone else around here seems to be having duck, served over a portabella mushroom grilled in the drippings from the sausages.
Previous dinner posts from eselqueso
- Perennial Joy - March 8th, 2013
- A Global Affront - June 5th, 2011
- something old, something new - December 17th, 2010
- Moving things Along - November 15th, 2010
- I'm Not Dead - October 10th, 2010