Here’s a yummy dinner on the cheap. Fried up two whole tilapia seasoned with only salt and turmeric. Over the fried fish, I spooned a sauce made with sauteed garlic, Thai green curry paste, coconut milk, kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce), nouc nam (Vietnamese fish sauce), and fresh basil. Sauteed yellow beans with garlic, chili in oil, basil, and belacan (shrimp paste). Served with basmati rice. When the cheapo Kroger’s grocery store has whole tilapia, it’s dirt cheap, as long as you don’t mind scaling and gutting them.
Previous dinner posts from lryter
- Honeymoon Cocktail - April 5th, 2012
- Osso Bucco over Polenta with Asparagus - October 9th, 2011
- Dungeness Crab - August 24th, 2011
- Messy Maguro - August 15th, 2011
- Grilled Mediterranean Sea Bass Provençal, Squid Ink Risotto, Fried Sage Leaves, with Kale/Grana/Candied Pecan Salad - August 2nd, 2011