My partner Caroline lives on the Isle of Wight and today we visited Bembridge and bought a couple of prepared Bembridge crabs and some local samphire. Cooked a can of tomatoes with added garlic, threw in the samphire, some white wine, some herbs and paprika, and at the very last minute the crabmeat (white and brown) I made the mistake of adding some Alicudi capers which slightly overpowered the sauce, but it was great nevertheless, just mixed with tagliatelle (important to add some of the cooking water to the sauce)! A green salad and a bottle of wine made for a perfect meal ! The whole thing took about 10 minutes from start to finish! Adding prawns would have made it even better…but we didnt have any !
Previous dinner posts from Peter
- Isle of Wight College - Catering students 'Classic Evening' dinner. - February 7th, 2014
- Halliford Mere Lakes, Shepperton, Surrey - August 13th, 2013
- The greatest burger ever known.....! Dogzbolloxburgers - June 29th, 2013
- Another culinary highlight ... but of a different kind. - May 17th, 2013
- A saturday evening in .... - April 20th, 2013