We ordered in pizza last week, and it was good, but not great, and reminded us that it’s been ages since we made our own. So, we decided that it was time to try it once again. J made the crust, with a healthy dose of fresh oregano mixed in, and I made the sauce, with an equally healthy dose of fresh garlic and basil mixed in. For toppings, we used grated and fresh mozzarella cheese, Italian sausage, green peppers, onion, sliced garlic, salami and portabella mushrooms. One thing we didn’t take into account is how much moisture fresh mozzarella holds, and to compensate, we ended up slightly overcooking the crust. But, the flavor was still better than anything we’ve had delivered recently, by far!
Previous dinner posts from eselqueso
- Perennial Joy - March 8th, 2013
- A Global Affront - June 5th, 2011
- something old, something new - December 17th, 2010
- Moving things Along - November 15th, 2010
- I'm Not Dead - October 10th, 2010