We had a whole chicken in the refrigerator and I decided it was the right kind of day to make soup. I started out by cooking the chicken in the pressure cooker for about an hour then strained the broth adding that to a new pot along with salt, pepper, sage, turmeric and saffron. I let the chicken cool and picked out most of the meat returning it to the broth. I then added carrot, potato, some trumpet mushrooms, a small bit of garlic and onion powder and a tiny bit of Thai chili sauce. I let that simmer for about an hour then added some freezer biscuits to make dumplings. We had company tonight so he and A. fixed up a salad and that was Sunday dinner this week.
Previous dinner posts from jlarge
- Southern Fried Chicken - March 25th, 2009
- Odds and Ends - February 23rd, 2009
- Meatloaf and Greens - February 18th, 2009
- Steak and sweet potatoes - February 16th, 2009
- Leftover pork roast, gnocchi and brussels sprouts - February 5th, 2009