Last night we made a mad dash for Indian after a concert and arrived with just enough time to order but not quite enough time to eat, so we took half the meal home. Tonight I whipped it out of the fridge to reheat but it looked a bit scant. I upcycled (and upscaled) it by cooking some split peas, onion and ginger in the pressure cooker and then pouring in the spinach curry from the leftovers. It was beautiful and green and a good quantity. I mixed together the spicy mushroom curry and veg biryani for a second dish, and just reheated the cauliflower-stuffed paratha. Dinner was flavourful, filling and frugal.
Previous dinner posts from mediatinker
- In the Can! - June 7th, 2011
- Still Life with Leftovers - October 18th, 2010
- Twice Baked Potatoes - October 17th, 2010
- Diner à la Française - June 30th, 2010
- Ottolenghi Heaven - June 6th, 2010