It’s been cool the last few days and that put me in the mood for beef and potatoes. I cooked a 3 pound beef roast along with potato, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper in the slow cooker for about 5 hours, basically until it was all tender… since it finished a bit sooner than I thought it would I took the roast out and baked it for about 30 minutes which crisps the outside a bit and add some flavor. While the roast finished I added some leftover yellow wax beans from last night to the slow cooker, cooked some mustard greens we picked up Saturday at the Oakland outdoor produce market and fixed some gravy from a portion of the slow cooker liquid. It came out great and we even had just enough apple pie left from the weekend for dessert.
Previous dinner posts from jlarge
- Southern Fried Chicken - March 25th, 2009
- Chicken Soup and Salad - March 1st, 2009
- Odds and Ends - February 23rd, 2009
- Meatloaf and Greens - February 18th, 2009
- Steak and sweet potatoes - February 16th, 2009