Last night I had to do the Airport Run to pick up Mother Renault and bring her back to her place. As such, dinner was a bun in the car — couple of slices of Pepper Roast Beef from Denninger’s.
I was still hungry when we got back, so I had Mom scrounge through the freezer for something. She found a hadful of fries and One (1) kroket, which was thrown in the deep-frier. Fries and kroket come out really well when they’re deep-fried together, I’ve discovered.
(For those wondering what the hell I’m talking about, kroket is a Dutch thing, not quite fast food, but definitely junk food. Sort of a roll of beef/pork pate with larger bits of beef in it, breaded, and deep-fried beyond recognition. It’s tastier than I’ve made it sound here, and it serves a quick-snack purpose very well.)
(Kroket is also further proof that all the best Dutch food is Indonesian.)
Previous dinner posts from Capt. Renault
- Carbonnade Flamande avec des frites, svp. - January 4th, 2009
- A Quickie Meal After Much Shopping Goodness. - January 3rd, 2009
- Some Shepherd's Pie, just don't ask me which shepherd. - January 2nd, 2009
- New Year's Eve, with just me, Catherine Deneuve and the GeoFo. - January 1st, 2009
- Christmas Raclette. - December 29th, 2008