Yesterday was jungle-hot and raining. My umbrella leaked, so I was completely soaked by the time I got home. Because of the direction of the rain (being ‘all’), I couldn’t open up the windows to cool the house down.
The heat must have been doing something to my head, because I decided to have soup.
This would be Chinese Groente Soep (Chinese vegetable soup by Honig), to which I add a bunch of stuff. It’s like the spring vegetable soup, only a mite sour, and made Chinese by the addition of wonton noodles. I threw in some Denninger meatballs, a chopped-up rookworst (Dutch smoked sausage) that was in the freezer, some veggies and vermicelli. On the side, some stale bread made good by toasting.
Soup turned out allright. I had to eat it sitting at the dining room table in my underwear, though.
Previous dinner posts from Capt. Renault
- Carbonnade Flamande avec des frites, svp. - January 4th, 2009
- A Quickie Meal After Much Shopping Goodness. - January 3rd, 2009
- Some Shepherd's Pie, just don't ask me which shepherd. - January 2nd, 2009
- New Year's Eve, with just me, Catherine Deneuve and the GeoFo. - January 1st, 2009
- Christmas Raclette. - December 29th, 2008