Our temperature sensor in the back yard reached a high of 106.7°F this afternoon… it’s so hot, I was wishing for cooled towels after my shower.
So we (well, T) BBQed outside so as not to make it worse inside; not that anything would help. I marinated chicken and steak chunks in BBQ sauce from TJs, and G, L, T and I made separate kebabs of them, prawns, summer squash, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, green, red and yellow bell peppers and chinese eggplant. Served with jasmine rice and corn on the cob (the making of which heated up the kitchen nicely…)
For dessert, I made a big fresh fruit salad that contained varying amounts of the following:
- black raspberries
- lemon juice, and
Refreshing! But… it’s still hot.
Previous dinner posts from eselqueso
- Perennial Joy - March 8th, 2013
- A Global Affront - June 5th, 2011
- something old, something new - December 17th, 2010
- Moving things Along - November 15th, 2010
- I'm Not Dead - October 10th, 2010