Tod & I tidied up the scary pantry – pulling out all the cans and bottles and packets for reorganization. We had a lot of forgotten jars and duplicates, so we vowed to use at least one item a day until we had consumed at least half of our stock.
Our first application of the vow was a lasagna (noodles from pantry) with pesto (commercial pesto from pantry), soymilk bechamel, and potatoes. Tod whipped up one of his famous million-ingredient, no dressing necessary salads and included some tinned soy beans from the pantry.
What I had for dinner tomorrow night: same thing, reheated!
Previous dinner posts from mediatinker
- In the Can! - June 7th, 2011
- Still Life with Leftovers - October 18th, 2010
- Twice Baked Potatoes - October 17th, 2010
- Diner à la Française - June 30th, 2010
- Ottolenghi Heaven - June 6th, 2010