J and I had separate plans for the pork chops in the fridge, and ended up combining our visions into a pan-ethnic meal. I got some panko (could someone please explain to me why there are Japanese bread crumbs but no Japanese breads?) and katsu sauce at my local corner store, and breaded the chops with a bit of flour and egg (with a little garlic mixed in) first, before dipping them into the bread crumbs and frying them in vegetable oil ’til crisp and yummy. Served with J’s yellow Cuban rice and a mix of steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. For dessert, a slice of my homemade banana bread. The world gets smaller every day.
Previous dinner posts from eselqueso
- Perennial Joy - March 8th, 2013
- A Global Affront - June 5th, 2011
- something old, something new - December 17th, 2010
- Moving things Along - November 15th, 2010
- I'm Not Dead - October 10th, 2010