Three nights ago I made a soup of chickpeas, red cabbage, red onion, sweet potato, garlic, & carrot spiced with turmeric and cumin. At the time it was an interesting pinkish color and pretty tasty. After a couple days in teh fridge, though, it had turned pinky grey. When I heated it up, it reminded me of the garlic-y sweat smell of Singapore buses. But it tasted good, anyway.
I had also made whole wheat pita on the same night, and tabbouleh. The pita was gobbled up but there was tabbouleh leftover to eat with the soup last night.
Previous dinner posts from mediatinker
- In the Can! - June 7th, 2011
- Still Life with Leftovers - October 18th, 2010
- Twice Baked Potatoes - October 17th, 2010
- Diner à la Française - June 30th, 2010
- Ottolenghi Heaven - June 6th, 2010